1) A child can only be taken outside of the contact room during a visit if this is stated on the referral form or with agreement of both parents.
2) Relatives and friends can only attend if they are named on the referral form.
3) There must be no arguing in front of any children. Abusive or aggressive behaviour WILL result in being asked to leave.
4) NO PHOTOGRAPHY OR VIDEO FILMING OR USE OF PORTABLE COMPUTERS, TABLETS etc. MOBILE PHONES MUST BE SWITCHED OFF FOR THE DURATION OF THE CONTACT.
5) Anyone seen to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave. The visit will be terminated.
6) Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of their child/ren at all times; this includes tidying up the area when your child/ren has left the centre; all food/drink appropriately disposed of and the area left clean and tidy. No child can be left without a responsible adult at any time.
Volunteers are there to facilitate the visit. No volunteer can take responsibility for any visiting child.
7) Please remember the Centre is used by several families at the same time so be considerate and tolerant of other people’s space and child/ren. We hope you can have a really good time with your child/ren.
8) Contact parent must arrive 15 minutes prior to the resident parent and child arriving. The contact parent must stay behind 10/15 minutes after session has ended.
Contact Centre staff reserve the right to ask anyone who breaks these rules to leave. Volunteers will not tolerate any form of verbal abuse or threatening behaviour, and will ask any person acting in this way to leave. It is likely that future use of the centre would be withdrawn.